A Cha-Cha

There was little to no thought put into this bracelet. I picked up some lovely glass beads, grabbed some wire, and a few tools, and went to sit on my deck with an espresso and the sunshine for motivation. I got started by creating all the links for the base chain, and then I went to work on the 'charms'. I just turned and twisted and played with beads and wire until I ended up with something I liked. I worked like this until it was time to make supper, and realized that I wasn't even 1/4 of the way finished. I put everything together into a bowl, and kept the project nearby, where I could pick it up at any time I had a few moments. So over the next 3 or 4 days, with the time adding up to several hours, I had a finished bracelet. I love this piece because it is unique and has a lot of character. It is fun to wear because it is heavy, and makes a wonderful sound with the slightest movement. It is fun to look at because of the variety of beads, the depth in some of the beads, and all the interesting curves of the wire. So without any direction, I created one of my favorite pieces.
This afternoon, I sat down with a great idea for what I wanted to create. After hours of trying to put it together, I had nothing to show for it. The creative process remains a mystery to me, the only thing I can honestly say about it is, you cannot force it.

Comments

  1. i love it so playful and unique !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when beautiful creations just happen like that! And that bracelet is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bracelet! It's amazing how the creative muse ebbs and flows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bracelets that make great sound and I bet it looks stunning in the light. Very nice, Andrea and your posts are coming up now on my dashboard so I have that problem fixed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog