Autumn Cookies


We finally had some sunshine here yesterday, and not a moment too soon. Everyone has been feeling a bit low with all the unseasonably cold weather and rain.
Along with the sun, the familiar colours of Fall finally came out of hiding and inspired us to make these delectable little morsels. Sugar cookies cut into oak leaves and acorns and decorated with the colours of the season became the highlight of the day. The kids also wanted to decorated some sort of animal, so they chose cats, and along with acorns and leaves, we also had some very interesting looking kitties.
After enjoying a few of our homemade goodies, we headed outside to start cleaning up all the plants that the early frost had put to an end. The kids mostly spent their time saving the slugs from ending up as compost, and thank goodness, because what is a garden without those wonderful, little, slimy critters?
Our next job well be to download the collection of spider pictures my Daughter collected from the backyard and turn them into a slideshow and mini scrapbook. Never ending fun with my nature loving children.

Comments

  1. Those look delicious! I'll bet there aren't many left :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look yummy. Glad you finally got some sun. Still waiting here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea I am so happy to see all this beautiful stuff you do, it makes me all happy inside to know that I have such a wonderful crafty sister. I wanna eat those cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog