Update On The Newest Addition

The little kitten we rescued from the wild has taken to her new home so well, you would never know she was brought up wild.  She loves to play with Junior, my 18 year black male, and he has accepted her into the family without question.  Here he is giving her a bath, and she only complains when he pays too much attention to her nether regions. 
It took quite a bit of debating on a name for our new, little kitty, but we finally settled on 'Georgia Winifred', and we've been calling her Georgie for short.  No one escapes a nickname in this house, and I'm sure, with her strong character, she will earn many.
JuJu (Junior-the black one), has been having to put up with being chased continuously.  Anytime he decides to  go for a walk, she is relentlessly at his heals, playfully nipping at his paws and backside and jumping for his tail.   If JJ gets tired of it, he jumps on a windowsill, and she looks up at him with eyes that say, "Now, that's just not fair!".  But the old fellow is a snuggler, and he has been enjoying having a companion once again for his catnaps.  I know he'll enjoy her even more when she's got more weight and therefore more warmth to give off.
There is some good and bads news where Mama Cat is concerned.  The good news is that she has happily moved into the new heated cat house we put on the deck last week.  The bad news is that she has not brought anymore kittens, so it looks like the other two did not survive, (sniffle).

Comments

  1. it looks little a wild tiger cub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet kitty story. We too have a rescue cat the kids found in the barn in -30 weather.
    Someone had abandon a litter of at least 4 way across the field from our barn. When we realized where they had all been dumped it was too late for the other kittens. They were very small probably only about 4 or 5 weeks. But, our Puss is happy and healthy and very lucky.
    Love all your halloween fall photo vingette's.
    Would love to see your decorations in real life.
    Thanks for stopping by, happy smashing keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable kitty, for serious. And that picture? AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our two cats, McG & Mischief, have been together for over 14 years and they barely tolerate each other, so it looks like you are off to a good start...I think the problem is that they have not sorted out the hierarchy other than they both rate themselves above my wife and I....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Andrea!

    It's so nice to meet and follow you. I love your little kitties..they are darling!
    Now, I need to poke into your Etsy shop....hope you stop by and enter my giveaway.....if you like!

    ciao bella

    creative carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I think it's great that your daughter has her own etsy shop!
    My daughter wants to someday do that too....it's so great when they follow in their momma's footsteps, eh!

    I notice you're also from Canada!

    ciao bella

    hope you'll visit with me.

    Creative Carmelina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am delighted to see your little baby adapting so well :-) Thats a shame that you haven't seen the other babies..... maybe they were taken in by another kind soul. Yes... thats it... they were.
    big hug~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog