The Sweetest Time of the Year



The fall, is for me, the best season.  I know I'm not alone here.  When in one season, I always enjoy it and find myself looking forward to what the next one will bring.  But I would love to stretch Autumn out by several months.  The cooler weather, and harvesting my garden.  Enjoying cooking again because I'm not busy trying to cool off.  I enjoy being at home and in my yard more.  This is when I tend to do the most home improving, nesting for the winter I suppose.  In the winter, I find myself in the city more often, wandering the mall and other shops.  In the summer, it's the beach, and road trips, (I hate winter driving).  The spring is my next favourite season, but because it leaves me with very little choice (yardwork, yardwork, yardwork), I still prefer the fall.  There is a little bit of everything in this season for me, and I find I feel more balanced now than at any other time of year.
On a fun note, here are some cookies I made yesterday.  They will cheer up those school lunchbags I'm now packing every morning again.  Acorns, oak leaves, and owls (not shown), made from a simple sugar cookie dough, and decorated quickly with royal icing in three shades, orange, green and brown.  I think those squiggles look really cute, and like I said, they were quick.  I did 2 cookie sheets, lined up tightly in about 20 minutes.  I also like that the cookies aren't overwhelmed with the very sweet royal icing.
I hope you are enjoying the season as much as I am.  Happy Harvest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog