Boating The Whitesand River

My Dad had a speedboat when I was little, and I fondly remember going boating on the river which was only a few miles from our farm.  This was the first time since I was a kid, (under 10 years old) that I've been on the Whitesand, and I can honestly say, I really didn't remember a thing. 
I don't think those banks have changed that much, but they didn't feel familiar at all.  There are a couple of new houses, and a bible camp that's been there several years now.  However, the dam, 6 miles from the launch, has been there forever, and I don't even remember that.  Being that it is a major landmark of our particular area, one would think that it would stand out in my memories, but no. 
Now, when I really think back, all I truly remember is my Dad at the wheel with a proud smile on his
face, (he loved that boat), and my hand dragging and splashing in the wake along side. 
 


I wish I could say that I didn't feel a pang a of jealousy whenever I see this home of a friend of mine, but there it is.  The view from her deck is incredible!

My favorite view off the boat, the wake.

I really don't remember there being Pelicans along the shores of this river when I was a kid, but there is quite a large group
of them now.  They are very peaceful to watch.



I just had to include this picture.  No, I did not Photoshop those sparkles in.  Lovely, aren't they?

Comments

  1. You are welcome for a cup of tea on that deck whenever you'd like, no invitation needed. What a wonderful post, about an unknown beauty right in our backyard. I myself knew little of it a few years ago!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog