July Sum-Up


It is very hard to believe that July has almost passed us by already.  We've had a great summer so far; beautiful eather, lots of time with family and a wonderful road trip have all made the time fly by quickly.  I'll have to save the road trip for another post, as I still have to sort through over 1300 photos from those 9 days.

We kicked off summer as we usually do, with a birthday party on July 4th.  My daughter decorated
this cake, and it one of my all-time favorites.  It's one of the happiest cakes I've ever seen!




Irish moss in flower had become my favorite plant!
The daisies have really only just started their colorful show.
A lovely group of dwarf sunflowers to take cuttings from and decorate my house for fall.
Gardening is at the center of our life here.  Of course, the flowers make for
the best photos, but we also have 2 large vegetable gardens to tend to.
I planted a lot of zinnias this year, including into containers and they
are creating a lovely display.
These day lilies draw everyone to them.  Gorgeous, long-lasting, huge double blooms add a lot of beauty to
the garden for a good part of the summer. 
King Tut's grass grew far better than I expected and added an element of interest
amongst the more common flowers.




It looks like a lot of orange, but there are plenty of pinks and purples in there too.










I just love the faded pink of this huge zinnia bloom!


And this is our favorite thing to do after a long day of work; nothing like a nice beer and a campfire.
We had an impressive lightning storm last week, and I was lucky enough to capture this
gorgeous shot.  We just sat across from the picture window and oohed and aahed.

Comments

  1. Oh so lovely...
    I haven't been around much, this summer.
    So nice to check in and see this beauty.

    Go easy~p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam. I feel very lucky to have caught that lightening in a photo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

I love reading the comments. Let me know you have been visiting, and leave a little note. Also let me know if you have a blog, I would love to stop by for a visit.

Popular posts from this blog

A Blog Event That Caught My Eye

Grow Your Blog